Monday, July 6, 2009

I have the BEST husband in the whole world!

Last week JR surprised me and told me that my friend Julie and I were going to be having a girls get away. At first I thought he was joking with me and thought to myself..."Yeah right!" JR was like "I'm serious." So it turns out that JR and Julie's husband Craig had been talking and thought that we should spend a day away from everything....boy they were right, it was much needed! JR and Craig treated us girls to a facial, massage, and a nights stay in San Diego! It was so much fun having one on one girl time. I haven't done something like this in forever. We went to all the touristy spots. We relaxed on the beach and did lots of walking around! We checked out the famous hotel in Coronado, Seaport village, the gaslamp district, Cabrillo Beach, and saw the seals in La Jolla. While we were taking pictures on the beach two tourists thought that we were Cameron Diaz and Keira Knightley, we got a kick out of that.....and our heads got a little bigger...j/k :) On our way down we stopped by the San Diego temple and did a session there. It was neat because I have never done a session there before. I asked if we could see the brides room again because both Julie and I were married there and we both felt like so much was going on when we got married that we didn't really pay attention to all the details. Seeing the brides room brought back a lot of memories from the day I got married! I loved having that feeling again! Here are some pictures from our girls getaway!






Before the facial...

Here I am getting ready for my boob job...j/k! That's what it looks like though. haha This is just before my facial started!


Here is Julie all prepped for her facial!


After the facial...We are SOOOOO cute! haha

4 comments:

V.a.n.e.s.s.a said...

LUCKY!!!!!!!!!

The Ishiis said...

How fun! That was very thoughtful of JR.

Anonymous said...

Wow, we are two lucky girls with awesome husbands! We still have our message to hit up. We had some good times on the trip.

Alan and Kiersten said...

so maybe JR should call alan and tell him all about what a great idea that was!! ha ha! lucky girl! sounds like a great time!