Sunday, August 30, 2009

August Happenings

Wow a lot has happened in august! I started up work again in the the beginning of the month. School started early for our district... talk about a short summer. For those of you who don't know, As of last Sunday I became our wards new Young Women's president! I thought our bishop was joking when he asked me(turns out he wasn't!) :) I'll admit it really caught me off guard. I'm am excited about my new calling and hope that I might influence the girls in our ward. I've been really busy with my calling. We are planning like crazy, our goal is to plan our activities for the rest of the year this week. JR has been preparing to put in his next rounds of applications and still trying to find another job. Hopefully this round will be better! We have looked at a ton of houses, but no luck. We aren't in a hurry to get a house, but if we find something nice in our range we will try and take advantage of it. We actually put in two offers but were out bidded. Oh well I guess it wasn't meant to be. I've had tons of family come down in august. My cousin came down from Idaho and we camped out in San Onfre, then spent the following day in Laguna Beach. That was a lot of fun! My sister Serena and her family came down from Utah and we got to spend time with them swimming and hanging out. lastly my good friend Vanessa(back from young women's) came down with her husband from Utah. She invited JR and I to the famous Magic Castle in Hollywood. We enjoyed watching the magic shows and trying to figure out the tricks of the magicians. JR was a lot better at that then I was. It was cool because Vanessa's dad has performed at the Magic Castle for over 3o years. He is the ghost that plays the piano. He showed us behind the scenes and gave a brief tour/history of the Magic Castle. We got to see private rooms where the guest with money eat! While in line Rick Fox was right in front of us ( He used to play for the Lakers). Over all August was packed with fun activities and outings.
Here we are at Laguna Beach


The Magic Castle


Vanessa and Ramsey

JR and I

Our ward Luau

3 comments:

Amber said...

Wow... YW Pres!! You'll be great. Looks like you guys had a fun month. I had forgotten that Vanessa's dad performed at the Magic Castle.
We are almost all settled here...so hopefully I will be able to get some blog posts up. Love ya!

The Ishiis said...

It was fun to see you guys again! It's not like your summer is over, you just sit and play with toys all day :)

V.a.n.e.s.s.a said...

YW president! Dang that's a lot of work! Especially preparing for camp. I feel like you'll do an amazing job! Who else is as fun as you!