Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Poor Mans Hawaii

This has been something JR and I have wanted to do for sometime now and we finally did it! This past weekend we went to Catalina! We got up at 4 in the morning to get to long beach by 6. Talk about an early start! We went on the first boat out because we wanted to make the most of our day there. Originally we were thinking about staying the night there but things came up and we decided just to make a day trip out of it! On the boat ride over I couldn't sleep, I was too excited. We saw seals in the ocean and there were tons of little dolphins jumping out of the water. Nature is a beautiful thing! Upon arrival we set out for a nice walk around part of Catalina, after our little walk/exploration we eat breakfast at this restaurant that was literally across from the ocean. Seriously there wasn't even a window. We were completely stuffed from breakfast so we checked out the shops and a street fair that was going on. From there we went snorkeling. The water was so clear and there was plenty of fish to see! It was cool though because we met this guy who was snorkeling also and shared some of his fish food with us and showed us how to feed the fish. Those crazy little fish went wild over that food. I was surrounded by fish within a couple of seconds. I tired grabbing them, but freaked out once I felt their slimy bodies. From snorkeling we headed to this little beach and fell asleep in the shade. I loved taking a nap with JR with waves in the background! Once we woke up we rented a kayak for an hour. I was excited because I've never kayaked before! We ended up snorkeling one more time, and this time we saw a stingray! I can't believe how amazing the ocean is, what a whole new world it is down there! We wanted to go on a hike before it got dark so we headed out on this small trail( We saw a Deer with her baby)and we met this couple who offered to take us around town/trails on their rented golf cart...so we spent about an hour with them. It worked out great because we wanted to rent one, but they were kind of expensive, plus we met some very nice people. Wow this is getting to be longer then I thought it would be! :) Anyways to make a long story short, we went out to eat for dinner, brought a small souvenir and then waited for our boat to arrive at 9:45pm. While waiting for our boat we saw a flying fish! I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend my day!


BreakFast







Breath Taking View!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Wow! Sounds like the perfect day! New adventures, delicious food, beautiful surroundings and a romantic nap with the hubby!?! So awesome! I am jealous BIG TIME! :)

V.a.n.e.s.s.a said...

That looks so much fun!!!