Thursday, June 3, 2010

Aloha

This last week JR and I decided to a trip to Hawaii. It was kinda last minute...well REALLY last minute,we booked our tickets Friday night and left LAX early Monday morning. We wanted to take a trip somewhere before JR started clinicals' and his schedule got to crazy. We figured if we didn't go now we wouldn't be able to go until next summer( and who knows if that would even be possible?). I started getting everything packed and ready to go, basically done, then I find out that just last month the airline that we are flying on started to charge a fee to check a bag! Shoot now what? hhmmmmmm Well I don't want to spend more $ on a bag when we can use that money towards activities while we are in Hawaii. Down sizing is my choice. With that being said I only packed 4 outfits for both of us...we stayed for an entire week! Mission accomplishment, only carry-ons and no extra fees woo hoo! We had a great time in Oahu and very much enjoyed our tropical surroundings! It took me a few days to adjust to the humidity...yep don't like feeling sticky. We did lots of sight seeing, our first day there we checked out Pearl Harbor. It's crazy to think that at one point in time history was made in that very area we were standing! Our next adventure was PCC and the temple. My favorite village hands down was the Samoan one, next was Tonga! We didn't get to do a temple session though because the temple was closed, but we did get to enjoy the grounds and the visitors center. JR and I really enjoy snorkeling so we went snorkeling a few times on our trip. One of the highlights on our vacation was when we went up to a beach in the north shore. We saw this area with snorkelers and thought we might as well check it out also. Talk about seeing tons of fish!!! There were so many different types of fish in bright colors. We saw some squid and... drum roll please....SEA TURTLES! It was so crazy these huge turtles were swimming right along side us. They swam so graceful! Honestly that was one of my favorite times in Hawaii. JR even grabbed on to one and rode it...I know, we decided know that was illegal until we got home...oopppss! Some other things we did was the worlds largest human maze, spent lots of time on the beaches, got shaved ice(so good), met a cool Brazilian couple, and did some shopping. It was a much needed vacation and was so relaxing! It was funny because we came up with a list of ideas of things to do while in Oahu but only did about half of them! We just did what we wanted when we wanted. I didn't carry me phone on me the whole entire trip! I think a week was perfect and I can't wait to see where we go on our next vacation!, though it won't be for a long time :). Here are a few pictures of our little adventure:

5 comments:

V.a.n.e.s.s.a said...

Awesome, riding a sea turtle. So awesome. I don't care what animal rights people say, I would totally do it too. lol

Heather said...

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun! I'm glad you got a chance to take a vacation.
Love you guys!

Alan and Kiersten said...

yeah we're totally JEALOUS!! looks like you guys had a blast.

Anonymous said...

Cameron you look hot at the beach! These pictures reminded me of when we went to the beach and those girls asked if your were Cameron Diaz. What a fun trip, I'm glad you went!

MikE & Coral Barajas said...

OKAY sooooo fun! Looks like you had a blast! Next lets all go on a cruise together! :)