Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Exciting Times are Ahead of us!




JR and I are excited to announce that we are going to be having a baby! My due date is January 15th! I am in my thirteenth week of pregnancy and have already heard the baby's heartbeat. So here is the story behind it all. When We got married JR and I decided that we wanted to make sure that we had enough time to ourselves before we started our family....well a few months ago we both started getting feelings like maybe we should start this family of ours....BUT...we put those feelings off for a few months. Well 3 months ago we felt that we should "try" and that was the month that I got pregnant! Things have been going pretty good so far. I didn't start feeling sick until I hit my 7 week mark, it was one of our last days in Hawaii and I just felt so gross( and I thought I was going to be lucky enough to just pass on the feeling sick part...boy was I wrong! ;0) So, somethings have I have been experiencing are nausea( all day but no vomit) and I'm super sensitive to smells. I get so grossed out over smells and food just hasn't tasted the same( which sucks because I love food!) I am happy to say though that I "think" things are starting to get better. I still feel nauseous on and off throughout the day but at least I'm kinda getting my appetite back. I still feel tired and but not like in the very beginning, I was sleeping all the time :) No weight gain yet but I'm sure it is on it's way :( JR has been really great about everything and impresses me everyday. He'll do the dishes if I haven't gotten around to it, help clean up our place, and doesn't complain that I haven't been cooking as much as I used too. I haven't really had any cravings at all. I eat lots of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches though, not because I'm craving them, they just don't gross me out.

6 comments:

V.a.n.e.s.s.a said...

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! finally!!!!! i was waiting for this exciting news for a long time. You're going to have such a beautiful child! I can't wait to see pictures.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Congrats my Friend I'm sooo excited for you and JR. I hope the dinner last night didn't make you feel nauseated, lol! By the way I'm glad you left the apple pie I just had a piece of it and it was yummy!

Olson Family said...

WOW...exciting news! Congrats, you guys are going to be such great parents...and fun too! And JR seems like he is doing all the right stuff, good job dad! :)

Stacey said...

SUMMER!!! I am SOOOO excited for you!---not about the nausea part, of course. :) You are going to be the greatest mom! Congrats you two!

Jimandkaren said...

WE are so excited for you. This is grandchild #18 for us. We are looking forward to seeing lots of pictures since we are in Houston for a year.

Jessica said...

congratulations!!!! that is amazing, you guys will both be great parents!